Thursday, July 24, 2008

Angel Don't Die for Four More Years

I'm home in Oklahoma after 24 hours in a car with 6 other people (I'm counting Anna as two people), countless bathroom stops, horrible Chinese food, and good music.
It was one of the most memorable weekends I've ever had. My family came to Rexburg for the first time since I've lived there. They came up for Meghan's graduation and wedding. It was really great. They were able to meet all my friends, people that I've talked about for the past three years. It was good for them to put faces with all the people and stories I've talked about and told.

We had a big meet the Gibsons BBQ at Porter Park on Friday. Not only did my family enjoy meeting everyone, but I'm pretty sure that my friends enjoyed meeting my family.

We left Saturday to go to Ogden. Jed and Meghan were going through the temple for the first time. It was a really special day. It was the first time that I've been in the temple with my entire family, even Anna was in the lobby.

Monday was a really fun day. We spent all day in Salt Lake. My Aunt Paula, who came with my mom and dad, had never been to Temple Square, so we did a little sight seeing.

On Tuesday Meghan and Brady were married in the Salt Lake temple. Not to steal their thunder, but it was because of Jed and I that the wedding even happened. You could say that we are heroes. We don't run around in masks or capes, nor do we have any kind of super power, but its the little things that make heroes. Brady forgot the wedding licences and didn't realize it until we got to the temple. They asked the two most trust worthy people he knew. . . . Zach Gibson(ME) and Jed Gibson. It was crazy. Usually heroes don't face as much adversity as we did, but it was no easy task. As we sped out of the parking garage towards Brady and Meghan's apartment we had to twist and curve through traffic. We busted in and got the licence, jumped in the car and sped off once more. On our way back we were stopped at a light and all of a sudden the car dies. I'm freaking out. I turn the key, nothing happens. I turn the key again. . . nothing happens. I turn the key a third time and starts. We race back to the parking garage. We jump out and get in the elevator. As crazy as it sounds, the elevator got stuck, but we didn't panic. Jed popped off the top hatch and pulled the cables until we eventually got to the top. Needless to say we got the marriage licence there and the wedding commenced as planned. That's what heroes do. They save the day. Meghan and Brady YOUR WELCOME.

The reception was really amazing. That combined with the wedding was one of the happiest days of my life. There were people there that I haven't seen in really long time. All my best friends minus a couple were there. My sister looked really pretty and happy. It was just an marvelous day and a good way to end the semester.

Now I'm home and will be for a while. I'm going to miss all my friends. I just want everyone to know how much this weekend meant to me and my family. Thank you.

Its seven weeks with Jedidiah Aaron Gibson and the rest of the Gibson clan. Should be an adventure.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

beautiful.

i wish i'd been there.
i'll see you this weekend, though.