Tonight I was thinking about things I like/love and why I like/love them. I came up with this little list of eight things and a brief explanation for each. This is kind of random, I know. . . but oh well
- Dr. Pepper: Why do I love Dr. Pepper? So many reasons. First, it just makes me feel good. I don't drink alcohol, so I compensate that with my good ole buddy caffeine(which is contained in Dr. Pepper, if you didn't know). Second, it burns your throat going down. This may be a weird reason and some you might ask, "Sac, why is that ranked so high?" Honestly I can't tell you. I just like it. Third, my mom loves it. I think it's one of the reasons we're so close.
- Neil Diamond: Neil Diamond was my first love, musically that is. . . I promise. He's one of the main reasons I love music. I remember the first time I heard Sweet Caroline. It put shivers down my spine. The man hasn't stopped either. He just keeps writing music. His new album is amazing. If you want a copy give I'll give it to you.
- Thrift Stores/Garage Sales: When I was but a wee little lad, every Saturday my mom would drag us kids all over town hitting every garage sale we saw and then to the thrift store. I hated it. I don't know why either, cuz I scored a lot of cool stuff. This dislike for second hand shopping lasted circa junior high. Then one day it clicked. I'm not even sure why. Ever sine then I love second hand things. In high school when I started driving, Meghan and I would go every Saturday to the thrift store. This tradition continues today. I don't go the specific day of Saturday, but I make it a point to go at least once a week.
- Shoes: I love shoes. I know it's kinda girly, but I seriously can't help it. When I was younger I ordered the Eastbay catalog and study every pair of shoes within its pages. I may or may not continue this practice(I'm not saying). I have a lot of shoes. Most guys wear one or two pair I think I have at least 7 pairs that I wear on a regular basis. It's bad, because I'm poor and don't have money and some how still manage to buy shoes. If I had lots of money I would probably have a closet just for shoes.
- Lord of The Rings: Not necessarily the movies(they're alright I guess), but the books are amazing. They're the only books I've read more than once and I'll probably continue to read them multiple times before I die. They're so good. I get really caught up in them. I know what's going to happen but it's still really intense for me every time I read.
- My Grandparents: I've realized that I have a really special bond with my grandparents that most people my age don't have. They've always been a part of my life. For the past 20 years we've never lived more than twenty or thirty minutes away from their house. I've basically had the luxury of having a second set of parents. Growing up they never missed a wrestling match, football game, play or anything else of significance in my life. I call them every week and every week it's a phone call I look forward to. I love them very much.
- My iPod: I'm not going to lie, it's my most prized material possession. All the music that I have is stored safely within it's chrome walls. If I were to lose it, it would be a really sad day for Zach Gibson. I love music, so naturally I love the apparatus that plays my music.
- NCAA Wrestling Tournament: The spring before my sophomore year my dad took me and my best friend to the NCAA's. It was one of the greatest times of my life. I'd never seen better wrestling. The roar of the crowd, the feeling within the arena was something that I'll never forget. Since that first time I've been back to see it live twice. I don't have the luxury of living in middle America anymore, but I watch the finals every year on ESPN. I usually stay on the phone with my dad pretty much the entire time, discussing back and forth what's going on with the matches. I AM a college wrestling fan.