Tonight for their Top Ten plays, Sports Center showed the top ten sports moments of 2009.
Here is my list in no particular order.
- Tiger Woods forcing a playoff and winning the US Open with a torn ACL.
- Eli Manning breaking free and completing a circus catch to David Tyree to eventually beat the previously undefeated New England Patriots.
- Henry Cejudo becomes the youngest freestyle wrestler to win an Olympic gold medal.
- Stephen Curry taking Davidson to an elite 8 and almost knocking off the eventual NCAA Champs, The Kansas Jayhawks.
- Michael Phelps winning 8 swimming gold medals in the 08 Summer Olympics.
- Mark Perry of the University of Iowa winning his second strait NCAA championship on a torn ACL, also guiding the Iowa Hawk-eyes to their first team championship since 2000.
- Michael Crabtree's game winning touchdown catch to beat Texas and knock the Horns out of the national championship game.
- Usain Bolt winning the 100m and 200m dashes, breaking the world records in both events.
- The whole Brett Favre saga. As much as I hate to admit it I was glued to the TV to find out where he was going to play or if he was going to play.
- The Dream (Redeem) Team winning gold in Beijing, making up for their disappointing 2004 Olympic turnout.