Thursday, May 14, 2009

I’ll say goodbye to the canyons. I will set sail to the streets


Salt Lake City. Last night I went to little show with some friends. Manchester Orchestra headlined, but I went to see Nate Ruess' new band, Fun, and they were amazing. It made me remember why I love the Format so much. Nate is one of the best performers I've seen. All of the new songs were really great live. He sang a few Format songs too. I was blown away by The First Single. He added a whole other verse to the middle of the song. I got a little choked up. You could really feel the emotion in the song. I really like the First Single, but I've never thought of it as a deep song. . . now I do. 
I really love my friends too. It was really good to be with everyone last night. Some of my best memories are at Denny's after shows. 

"You know the night life is just not for me, cuz all you really need are a few good friends."

5 comments:

Myke said...

I picked up the new Manchester Orchestra album the other day and I really really like it.

Quinn the Eskimo said...

it kills me that i couldn't be there. kills me.

Christina said...

a picture's worth a thousand words.

Nadia Woodhouse said...

i'm glad you guys had fun.. i'm sure it was amazing.. i'm slightly jealous, really really jealous but i'm glad you guys went. format4lyfe

Vickie said...

format4lyfe! hahaha