Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hold Time

Every time I leave home to come back to school I usually make 3 or 4 mix cd's for my mom and dad. I love it when I  come home the next time and they are listening to one of the mixes in the car and can sing along with all the words. 
I have "hip" parents. Their love for music has helped me to love music too. When I was younger I always loved what they listened to. I can remember riding around in our old beater Green Car (aka The Green Bomb) and them singing Kris Kristofferson songs because the radio didn't work. Every time we went on road trips we would listen to James Taylor, Neil Diamond and David Allen Coe. 
The best birthday present I've ever received was a walkman tape player with The Beach Boys Greatest Hits cassette. I listened to that tape so much that it completely wore out. 

I put this song on a mix for Mom and Dad around Christmas and it has quickly become a Gibson Family favorite.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

i will never get tired of the avett brothers. their music is amazing. seeing them live is an experience we all need to have.

Unknown said...

Maybe I teared up a little... I don't want to talk about it.

I think Im in love.

Vickie said...

"always remember there was nothing worth sharing, like the love that let us share our name" i love this song. It makes me remember how much I actually love my family cus sometimes I forget.