Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Electro-Shock Blues


I've been home for little over a two weeks now, I think. I honestly don't know how long I've been home. We were so busy getting all of Meghan's reception stuff ready that I've lost all concept of time. Things have slowed down considerably though. It's good and bad. Good because I was really tired. I would get off of work at seven then come home and work till about midnight getting the yard and other things ready for the reception. Bad because now I don't have anything to do. I come home and do the following: watch HBO and ESPN, play on facebook, listen to music, read (I've read 1 1/2 books. I'm not bragging, it was just a goal of mine to read at least two books while I'm home and I've almost completed my goal. I might even have time for three or four.).

I guess that's pretty much it and I guess those aren't bad things its just that I don't have much of a social life.

There have been some good/not so good discoveries(mostly musically):
  • Conor Oberst's new album is my favorite of the year so far
  • I've learned to appreciate Radio Head and Broken Social Scene

  • Electro Shock Blues by the Eels is one of the greatest albums I've ever heard

  • Johnathan Rice makes good music

  • I like Akon and forgot how awesome Tupac is/was

  • Things the Grandchildren Should Know is the best book I've read in the last year and a half

  • Working at a Concession stand is not for me (This is the last week)

  • Oklahoma is extremely hot and humid

  • It's hard to back out of our drive way at night (I had a little accident)

  • I really like air conditioning

That's about it. I'm not sure what the next month here is going to be like. Probably good though. Jed is really funny. I'm probably going to start donating plasma. I need to find another job. Who knows. I don't even know how I'm getting back to Rexburg or where I'm living in the fall. That should keep me busy.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

car accident?? what happened?

and i just want to tell you that i appreciate your attitude about things. you just kinda go with whatever happens and it just works out.

that gives me comfort.