Saturday, July 30, 2011

Thoughts on Becoming a Man

After four months of marriage you might think that I've already become a man. That's almost true. The truth is that you don't become a man until you fix a vacuum cleaner. That's right, fixing a vacuum cleaner is the final step that completes the becoming a man cycle.
This afternoon I used a screw driver to open up the bottom of the vacuum cleaner and what did I find a broken belt. From there I proceeded to ACE hardware store. To make a short story even shorter the vacuum was fixed and our carpets are clean.


Also it was a great week. We went to Denver to visit Christina's Aunt Marie. It was really great to spend time with her. My parents met us there on Sunday and on Monday we went to Water World. I'm not talking about Dennis Hopper or Kevin Cosner, but the LARGEST water park in the world (country, state, I'm really not sure). Then we all drove to Rexburg and camped at Rigby Lake for a couple of nights. In between all of that we made a trip to Yellow Stone. My parents can "mark it off of their bucket list now" as they say.




It was such a good week. Meghan, Brady, Jed, and Hannah were all missed. Also, Anna is the funniest little kid I know. We stayed up playing this game called Things and she was cracking us all up.

(I may or may not have called the Bissel Vacuum hotline to get help fixing the vacuum)

4 comments:

Myke said...

That's too bad it wasn't the Kevin Costner Waterworld. I think was a teenager the first time I fixed a vacuum, so I guess manhood came early for me.

Leah said...

This is so great. A blog from you AND Quinn on the same day. I think we should start a blog competition or something to set fire under us bloggers again.

I like hearing more of what my friends have to say about nothing.I feel like that sounds sarcastic, but it's not. Really I do!

Oh and congrats on becoming a man man.

Quinn the Eskimo said...

I always thought you become a man the day you and Wayne Bass walked into the bathroom at Parkview with your shirts off . . . then you put your shirt on again because you realized that both of you didn't need to strip down in order for you to shave his back

Thome said...

can I like Quinn's comment? Also congrats on being a man. Also I'm bringing my vacuum over for you to fix.
Also the word verification word is Undia, Land of the underwears!