Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
Shows This Summer ’09
26th- Maria Taylor/Whisper Town 2000
13th- fun./Manchester Orchestra
31st- Neko Case
8th- Langhorne Slim
13th- Ben Kweller
20th- Conor Oberst and The Mystic Valley Band
9th-Jenny Lewis/Bon Iver FREE SHOW!!
13th- Death Cab for Cutie/Andrew Bird/Ra Ra Riot
23rd- M. Ward FREE SHOW!!
25th- Peter Bjorn and John
Sunday, April 5, 2009
- My Own Private Island: Thome and I were watching Beatles Anthology earlier this week on DVD. In part 6 tells how the Beatles(John, Paul, George and Ringo) wanted to buy their very own island. . . you know to get away from everyone and everything. Seriously how awesome would this be. It would be completely rad to have my own island where my friends and I could escape and just chill on the beach. I think I would buy it somewhere off the Italian coast or at least somewhere in Europe. It would definitely have a house close by, but it wouldn't be a normal house. It would be like Swiss Family Robinson style.
- Records: I would buy a ton of records. I wouldn't just buy reprints, but vintage copies of Bands like The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Velvet Underground. I would want the most extensive vinyl collection in the history of vinyl collections. I was reading Rolling Stones 500 greatest albums of all time last night. I think I would probably buy everything on the list even if I like it or not it would be a sweet collection to have.
- VW BUG: For most poeple the first thing they would buy with all their money is a brand new expensive car. I'm ok with that. . . I'm not in to that though. The car of choice for me would be a old VW Bug. I would for sure put things like a 'cd player' and heating and a defrost, maybe even AC. I've always wanted an old Bug, so If I had the cash money I would buy one.
- A House: This to may seem stupid, but I wouldn't buy a huge house. I just want something kinda nice in Town. I was driving around Salt Lake today with my sister and we were looking at old houses downtown. How cool would it be to buy an old house in the middle of the big city and fix it up? I think it would be pretty awesome.
- And I would keep all my money in a big brown bag inside a zoo. . . what a thing to do