Friday, March 27, 2009

The Year of Music

2009 has been such a good year for music. With releases by Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, Loney Dear, Vetiver, Peter Bjorn & John and lots of others the year has already been full of big new releases. I was thinking about making a list of my favorite albums thus far, but instead I'm going to make a list of some of my favorite discoveries. 
I've found so many good albums that weren't realeased this year. I love finding albums like this. I feel like I've finally been let in on some kept secret. Her are 10 of my favorites. 
  • Department of Eagles- In Ear Park
  • The Flaming Lips- Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
  • Josh Ritter- The Animal Years
  • Tom Gabel- Harsh Realms 
  • Page France- Hello, Dear Wind
  • Eric Bachman- To The Races
  • The Boy Least Likely To- The Best Pary Ever
  • The Smiths- The Queen is Dead
  • Neko Case- Black Listed
  • M. Ward- Duet of Guitars 

No comments: